I fell in love with them because I shipped Bechloe so much, but I realize love them because of who they are in real life. Anna Kendrick doesn’t shove her fame down people’s throat. She’s the definition of a down to earth girl. For God’s sake she got a necklace from Kraft for eating so much of their mac and cheese. She also cares about her fans more than she gets credit for. Brittany Snow has dedicated a lot of her life to an organization to helping people learn to love themselves. She has probably saved more lives than we can count. I will always love Bechloe and the characters they play in Pitch Perfect, but I love Anna and Brittany for the real, true people that they are more.
- Last time I posted something blog-worthy was June 19. It’s been a month! Wow. I can’t believe I actually (kind of*) have withdrawn myself from the online world.
- *Kind of—because I still spend my free time over Twitter and casually stalking Sendrick and the PP filming. All of the Bellas (except for Kendrick and this Hailee girl, because they still have one more week on set) have already wrapped, and now I simply cannot wait for May 15, 2015. I miss the mongrels already.
- My life: Thesis, theater club rehearsals, review classes for the UPCAT care of UP Hingyap (which is funny, because I’m not going to study in UP even if I do pass), more thesis, projects, lectures, etc. Oh, you know, the occasional ‘drowning in schoolwork’ drama. No biggie. NOT.
- We went to Tagaytay and Subic two weeks ago, and I’ve already made a mental note to post deets about the trip if I have the time (or if I even recall what happened).
- On another note, I totally missed the chance to be Editor-In-Chief for our school’s newspaper because of the said trip, lol. Bye-bye, The Oracle.
- Theater club is so much fun, though. We held auditions last week, and it was superb. Well, not so, but it was fun.
- Stayed indoors during typhoon Glenda. Took it as a chance to read I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella. It was hilarious.
- I miss taking pictures! Haven’t even updated the Instagram account that much because I don’t have a decent camera to begin with, haha.
- Acquaintance party on Friday, so… I really need to get my research paper done. Right now.
The 19th of June might or might not be as important to you as it is to me. Some might think of it as nothing special; that it’s just another day to cross out from their calendars. I picture students coming home from a long, long day of endless talk about x and y which do not make any sense at all. I see an myriad of homework waiting to be touched, but will get left behind because there are far more sensible things to take care of (and by sensible things, I mean nothing. None. Nada.) I see myself being a part of this crowd. And I am. Except for one minor, teeny-weeny-not-big-of-a-deal kind of detail.
I have a blog. And today, June 19th, marks this blog’s first birthday.
These days, mostly, consist of two things and two things only: trying to be productive but failing miserably.
Aside from being a complete zombie and sleeping in throughout the whole day, I’ve been writing in this notebook. Most of what’s inside are sad, sad things, for when I feel like a complete and utter mess that I just can’t help but write. I write down all the negativity in it, only to completely forget ever even feeling that way. We are too often slaves to our feelings, so I try my hardest not to let them control me. Although I must say that the feelings still come, mostly when I least expect them to. Like sunsets, the feelings are too fleeting, and like sunsets, they come back too soon. By now I probably should be used to it. But I’m not, and I probably never will. Also, what am I thinking? Sunsets are beautiful; I shouldn’t compare them to things such as my fucked-up feelings.
Photo Dump: Lately
Life has been nothing but light leaks, sunsets, Suits, Sendrick, parties, friends, and trying out new things. It’s been amazing.